Ave Sol
2nd slideshow image3rd slideshow image4th slideshow image5th slideshow image6th slideshow image7th slideshow image8th slideshow image1st slideshow image
Latvian Russian
LiveInternet
Яндекс.Метрика
The St. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church (Ave Sol) :: Historical centre of Riga :: Sights of Riga :: Other Riga
The St. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church
(Ave Sol)

The St. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church (Ave Sol)

The St. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church (Ave Sol)

The beginning of the construction works of the St. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church begun in 1778 according to the project of architects Sigizmud Zege fo Laurenberga and Christoff Habelard. The Church is situated in so called Citadel. In 1836 the Church was given a more advanced status and it becomes the first Orthodox Church in Baltic provinces.

In 1987 it was reconstructed and adjusted to the need s of the concert hall. Form that time it is going by the name of Ave Sol Concert Hall. The 19th century paintings on the walls and the sealing have been kept and partially restored in its interior.

The St. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church (Ave Sol) on the Riga map

dekor