The Large Guild
1st slideshow image2nd slideshow image3rd slideshow image4th slideshow image5th slideshow image6th slideshow image7th slideshow image8th slideshow image
Latvian Russian
LiveInternet
Яндекс.Метрика
The Large Guild :: Old Riga :: Sights of Riga :: Other Riga
The Large Guild

The Large Guild

The Large Guild
2008

The Guild was formed in Riga in 1354. The Guild mainly consisted of German merchants and jewellers. The present building of the Large Guild is constructed in 1854 - 1857 under the project of architect K.Bejne in English - Gothic style. In a new building the basic part of the previous building with the Minstersky room and the "Room of the bride" has been kept.

The Large Guild

The Large and the Small Guilds

Eclectic forms of an English gothic style and an excellent interior are inherited in a building of the Big Guild. Nowadays the large Guild serves as a home for the Latvian Philharmonic Orchestra.

The Large Guild on the Riga's map


dekor